- sun-drenched weather
- a new Monty Python boxset (thanks Lucy for the inspiration!)
- a packet of Belgian Dark Chocolate and Hazelnut Cookies
- a row of sweet pea plants just coming into flower
- garden until almost dark.
- pick bunch of sweet peas. arrange in vase. place vase on bedside table.
- pour a long glass of cold milk. put cookies on pretty china plate. two will be enough.
- drink milk and slowly eat cookies while watching ‘And Now For Something Completely Different’ with Mr P and Eldest. spend most of the time watching Eldest guffawing at seeing sketches for the first time ever.
- go to bed. read self to sleep whilst inhaling scent of sweet peas.
and this is the key instruction: actually want to do the same thing again tomorrow, instead of waking up the next morning and hating myself. stopping hating myself is even better than never ever having a hangover.
pass me a hammer, please…